Management Swan Lake First Nation
REPORTS TO: Chief and Council
LOCATION: Swan Lake First Nation
The Director of Operations offers a rewarding and diverse opportunity for an individual with superior people skills, management, leadership, and decision-making capabilities. Reporting to the First Nation Leadership, this position requires expertise in organizational management including finance oversight. The candidate must have experience in strategic and business planning along with people management and implementing policies and procedures. The candidate must be able to work with Chief & Council to ensure the strategic direction of our organization.
- Relevant experience and/or related education in Business Management area (minimum 3-years);
- Knowledge and experience of business operations, people management, finance, leadership, and organizational development;
- Highly organized with strong written, verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the area of information technology: hardware, software, phone, database management and office systems;
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work multitask within highly diverse organizational structure
- Experience working effectively with government, specialized professionals, and elected officials such as Architects, Construction Managers, Lawyers, Indigenous Services Canada, etc…;
- Knowledge and experience working within urban and rural communities, municipalities, and their local services as well as First Nation communities;
- Knowledge and experience of Indigenous values, traditions, and community and how this approach is incorporated in community structures and service delivery;
- Experience in project management that includes budget development, financial & written reporting to funding partners, negotiating contracts, maintaining leases, overseeing mortgages and program development;
- Ability to travel, and valid Manitoba driver’s license an asset;
- Subject to Criminal. Prior Contact and Child Abuse Checks.
Deadline Date: Monday, October 12, 2020 @ 3:00 pm.
Submit Resume and Criminal Record Check to:
Desmond Gould – Director of Operations
Fax: (204) 836-2564 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only candidates selected for an Interview will be contacted