Director of Health Services
SWAN LAKE FIRST NATION HEALTH CENTER
Box 207, Swan Lake Manitoba, ROG 2SO
Telephone: 1-204-836-2424 Fax: 1-204-836-2651
Toll Free: 1-866-255-6856
Director of Health Services
Full Time Permanent
Swan Lake First Nation Health Services is seeking a full time Director of Health Services for Swan Lake First Nation Health Centre. The Health Director is responsible for the overall coordination, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Swan Lake First Nation health programs. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Health Director will possess knowledge of the health and wellness challenges and opportunities specific to Swan lake First Nation and provide leadership to develop culturally relevant and safe community health programs and services that meet specific health needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, organizing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating health and wellness programs and services, incorporating input from Leadership, Community, and other health professionals
- Have in depth knowledge of Health/Social Policy issues, Health Promotion and Community Development principles.
- Prepare work plans, reports, proposals.
- Advocate for the health and wellness needs of SLFN’s member communities.
- Ensure programs and services are in compliance with legislation and organizational policy, processes and procedures.
- Ensure financial management of programs and services and proactively seek out diverse funding sources to sustain health and wellness programs, including grants and funding opportunities.
- Conduct on going and formal performance evaluations.
- Be a skilled communicator with the interpersonal and leadership abilities needed to supervise various health departments.
- Lead and provide day-to-day supervision of health teams, staff, and contractors. Foster a cooperative and collaborative working environment through team meetings and personal leadership.
- Develop plans, proposals, and agreements under the direction of Leadership to help build healthy communities.
- Proactively build and nurture collaborative and respectful working relationships with First Nations Inuit Health Branch, and Dakota Ojibway Health Services.
- Possess a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to First Nations health and wellness.
- A degree in health administration or health related field with a minimum of five years experience working with a First Nation organization.
- Must have a minimum of two years senior administrative experience.
- Must have knowledge of the health care system as well as the First Nation & Inuit Health Branch system and their role.
- Must have good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be willing to further his/her education and training.
- Must have skills in conducting workshops, research and development.
- Must have knowledge of the culture, traditions, attitudes and socio-economic conditions of the First Nation communities.
- Must have knowledge of First Nation organizations and their structures.
- Must have experience in community development with First Nation people.
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba drivers’ licence.
- Must be free to travel and have a vehicle that meets all safety standards.
Location: Swan Lake First Nation Health Center
Salary: Based on experience
All applications must have Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Persons Check, and Photocopy of Valid Driver’s License. Applications will not be accepted if these important items are missing and applicants will not be called for an interview.
Please submit resume with cover letter and three references to:
Ron Swain – firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting Director of Health Services
Swan Lake First Nation Health Centre
P.O. Box 207, Swan Lake Manitoba, R0G 2S0
Deadline Date: Friday, January 22, 2021