Swan Lake First Nation
POSITION: LANGUAGE AND CULTURE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-Time REPORTS TO: Language Coordinator
The Language Coordinator admin will be responsible for supporting the management and implementation of the language program. The position maintains public relations and a positive rapport with the community. Will attend meetings as pre-set and requested and provide minutes of the language meetings.
- Help manage projects and organize activities for the community.
- Coordinate community consultation, requires strong written and communication skills.
- Inform and invite all members of the committees of the Language and Elders members to participate in the activities of the language program.
- To raise awareness of the events and activities as planned.
- Perform general office duties such as maintaining a filing system to ensure fast retrieval of documents
- To answer telephone calls and relay message or take messages.
- Monitor the use of office supplies and equipment orders as required.
- Work effectively and efficiently as a team member
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft word, Excel, etc.
- Provide support in preparation of lunch or refreshments in the meetings
- Criminal record and Child Abuse checks are required.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 14, 2022
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator – Jessica Thunderbird-Sky
Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line