POST SECONDARY FUNDING:
Applicants must submit the required documents to the Post Secondary office by the annual deadline date. ONLY complete application submissions will be processed. Applicant will be notified in writing once a decision has been made.
Annual Application Deadlines:
- Fall / Winter Term Entry – June 15th
- Winter Term Entry – November 15th (pending available program funding)
- Spring/Summer Term Entry – March 15th
APPLICATION SUBMISSION OPTIONS AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Our office is transitioning to an electronic student information system to assist us in managing our student files more effectively. Although we will continue to accept hard copy application submissions we encourage current students and/or new applicants to utilize the following electronic portal: https://slfn.dadavan.com/student/pseapplication.jsp to submit their annual application for sponsorship.
- Copy of Full Admissions Acceptance Letter from an eligible Post Secondary Educational Institute.* Contact Post Secondary office for list of eligible schools.
- Estimated costs for tuition, textbooks, student fees, etc.
- Completed SLFN Post Secondary Sponsorship Application
- Copy of Most Recent School Transcripts / Statement of Marks
- Copy of Current Indian Status Card
- If claiming dependents for student allowance must provide confirmation of dependents. For example, copy of recent Income Tax Assessment and/or copy of Canada Child Tax Benefit Assessment. Document must list names of eligible dependents.
A follow-up email will be sent to all applicants to confirm receipt of hard copy OR electronic application and request any additional documents required to process applicant’s request for sponsorship.
Priority List for Selections:
- Continuing/ Returning Students
- High School Graduates
- Withdrawals for Just Cause – i.e., medical
- Deferred Applicants – All deferred applicants who were not funded the previous year due to budget restrictions
- Graduate – Changing Career Goals
- No Previous Sponsorship
- Previously Unsuccessful
- Full-Time – applicant planning to attend school on a full-time basis, if approved may be eligible to receive funding to cover the cost of tuition, textbooks, student fees, materials & supplies, travel costs, (as required for their program/course) and a monthly student living allowance.
- Part-time – applicant planning to attend school on a part-time basis, if approved may be eligible to receive funding to cover the cost of tuition, textbooks, student fees, and materials & supplies (as required & confirmed for their program/ course). Part-time student is not eligible for travel costs OR a monthly student living allowance.
DECISIONS ARE MADE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Receipt of complete application submission by the deadline date
- Eligible post secondary educational institute
- Eligible program is one academic year (10 months) or longer in duration
- Applicant place on priority list for funding
- Available program funding
IMPORTANT NOTE: If applicant’s chosen program is less than one academic year (10 months) the applicant’s request will be referred to the Employment & Training program.
For more details, please contact Myrna Esquash, Post Secondary Coordinator during regular office hours of Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm at 204-836-2101 ext. 225, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.