SLFN POST SECONDARY FUNDING:
Applicants must submit the required documents to the Post Secondary office by the annual deadline date. ONLY complete application submissions will be processed. Applicant will be notified in writing once a decision has been made.
Annual Application Deadlines:
- Fall / Winter Term Entry – June 15th
- Winter Term Entry – November 15th (pending available program funding)
- Spring/Summer Term Entry – March 15th
APPLICATION SUBMISSION – REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of Full Admissions Acceptance Letter from an eligible Post Secondary Educational Institute.* Contact Post Secondary office for list of eligible schools.
- Estimated costs for tuition, textbooks, student fees, etc.
- Completed SLFN Post Secondary Sponsorship Application
- Copy of Most Recent School Transcripts / Statement of Marks
- Copy of Current Indian Status Card
- If claiming dependents for student allowance must provide confirmation of dependents. For example, copy of recent Income Tax Assessment and/or copy of Canada Child Tax Benefit Assessment. Document must list names of eligible dependents.
Priority List for Selections:
- Continuing/ Returning Students
- High School Graduates
- Withdrawals for Just Cause – i.e., medical
- Deferred Applicants – All deferred applicants who were not funded the previous year due to budget restrictions
- Graduate – Changing Career Goals
- No Previous Sponsorship
- Previously Unsuccessful
- Full-Time – applicant planning to attend school on a full-time basis, if approved may be eligible to receive funding to cover the cost of tuition, textbooks, student fees, materials & supplies, travel costs, (as required for their program/course) and a monthly student living allowance.
- Part-time – applicant planning to attend school on a part-time basis, if approved may be eligible to receive funding to cover the cost of tuition, textbooks, student fees, and materials & supplies (as required & confirmed for their program/ course). Part-time student is not eligible for travel costs OR a monthly student living allowance.
DECISIONS ARE MADE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Receipt of complete application submission by the deadline date
- Eligible post secondary educational institute
- Eligible program is one academic year (10 months) or longer in duration
- Applicant place on priority list for funding
- Available program funding
If applicant’s chosen program is less than 10 months in duration request will be referred to the Employment & Training program.
For more details please contact the Post Secondary Office during regular office hours of Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm at 204-836-2101 ext. 225.